Thursday, August 28, 2008

carla

Cyclist: Carla Carpio

Hometown: Vancouver, B.C.

Location spotted: Visiting an apartment on Clark

Destination and distance: Work to home: 2K

Cycling months: Spring to fall

First bike: A Giant teen bike because I wasn’t tall enough to get an adult bike.

Current ride: A green 1973 CCM. When I got it, it didn’t have any gears and I had to pay extra to get them. The bike was 25 bucks and I think the tune-up cost more than the bike.

Number of bikes: One

Number bikes stolen: Luckily none

Number of bike accidents: A couple of big ones

When not cycling: Gardening, having dinner with friends

Thoughts on biking and fashion: I really enjoy biking in a skirt on in a dress because it makes a statement that you can look as good as you want to and still bike.

Dream bike: My bike right now is a dream bike because it’s so old that nobody wants to steal it. The parts are so old that no one wants to take those either because they can’t put them on any other bikes. It’s great. It’s a bit heavy though. Okay, my bike, but 20 pounds lighter.

Discovery through biking: It saves you a lot of time and it’s good for the environment.

Why do you bike: I’m outdoors breathing ‘fresh’ city air. Also, you can do a lot on a bike that you can with a car. Like doing your groceries. I have a pannier in the back.

Biking pet peeve: Bikers that go on the bike lanes in the wrong direction.

Bike Tip: Wear a helmet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

filipinas on bikes rule! lol. i wish i could do it in seoul, but it's a deathwish out here:) and the air isn't as fresh as it is in Canada.keep biking for those of us who can't!

great website-fun concept!

Telling the story of life in images said...

this is one of the coolest blogs i know! it's an inspiration for me because i'm also a photographer plus i'm a newly minted blogger. you can check out my blog at www.williamlandryphoto.com. keep talking to strangers!