Wednesday, August 6, 2008

tomas


Cyclist: Tomas Diaz

Hometown: Varied

Location spotted : Jeanne-Mance and Villeneuve, raising his seat

Destination and distance: Coming back from old Montreal, 10K.

Cycling months: All year around

Current ride: This is the bike I generally think of as a station wagon because I have all these accoutrements for hauling kids on it. It used to be an old Peugot racing bike, so it actually has a very light frame. I’m not really riding for speed. I ride it more for comfort.

Number bikes stolen: 15 maybe.

Number of bike accidents: Last winter, I got car doored. That was my latest accident.

Interesting bike story: Everything is sort of exciting when you’re riding a bike. Usually my most interesting stories revolve around me beating other people when I’m racing them. Usually when they’re riding some sort of $4000 super bike, where their left pedal costs more than my entire bike. Then I feel obligated to beat them on my crappy little bike.

When not cycling: Working or watching the kids, or taking care of my house. Generally living.

Favourite ride: For me it’s the new route. Never having been somewhere before on bike, and trying to figure out how you’re going to get around and about on the bicycle, for me, that’s more interesting than any other place I keep returning to.

Number of years biking: 20+ years

Dream bike: I don’t have a dream bike. I have dream fleet.Discovery through biking: It’s a good way of staying in shape. I have good cardio. I have good strong legs. I have the same ass as I had when I was 18.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I have the same ass as I had when I was 18."

This man is hilarious.

I approve.

Sinuhue said...

He's not lying. It's a truly fantastic ass :D