Friday, July 25, 2008

beth



Cyclist: Beth Bowers

Hometown: Port Medwey, NS

Location spotted : Writing a story in Jeanne-Mance Park

Destination and distance: To park from home, 1 K

Cycling months: As long as there’s not too much snow.

Current ride: An abandoned CCM

Number bikes stolen: I’ve had a bike stolen for me. This guy thought he could win my affections by stealing a bike that I loved. It took me two weeks to find the original owner. The funny part is this was two years ago, and just last week, the universe conspired to have us all meet in the Portuguese park at the same time: The thief, the guy whose bike he stole, and me.

Number of bike accidents: Not a major one, but I’ve definitely wiped out.

When not cycling: I’m writing, creative and pr writing and I have a blog.

Favourite ride: My favourite thing to do is to just strike out with a sandwich and explore parts of the city that I can’t easily get to, or have a reason to.

Thoughts on biking and fashion: I love my track bike, but I can’t ride it with heels.

Number of years biking: I really got excited about biking in 2000.

Dream bike: It’s the ’67 Schwinn bike that I lost (in a semi-divorce). But I’d want the original paint job. It was blue, and it had all the original parts.

Discovery through biking: It’s made me much cooler at my office job. All of the cyclists figured out who we were because all of these people were arriving to the office a little bit too sweaty. It’s easier to make a connection with those people than with people who care about their cars.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the red and green colours. Blog looks great looking forward to more entries!!

Anonymous said...

This picture is beautiful, easily my favourite out of all of them. <3 What a lovely shot.

Also her "Number bikes stolen" story was very interesting!

Anonymous said...

So perfectly captured - a lazy summer day. I love the overall concept and hope to see more of these!

bikebyshootings said...

actually, this is one of my favourite shots and one of my favourite interviews.

Anonymous said...

Great idea! All the different styles of bikes and riders...fantastic. Keep up the great work!

Ze said...

FAVE foto !!!

Anonymous said...

Where's your blog located?

bikebyshootings said...

we're actually based in montreal, quebec, canada. where are you?