Monday, July 28, 2008

margo

Cyclist: Margo Ducharme

Hometown: Zurich, ON

Location spotted : On the Mont-Royal carriage road.

Destination and distance: Going to the top, 3K.

Cycling months: All year round in Montreal- only if there’s no snow.

Current ride: It’s a lovely mint green. My friend Maude sold it to me for 50 bucks. It’s my third bike in Montreal since they keep getting stolen. I think it’s supposed to have ten speeds, but it’s broken right now. There are no speeds, so I’m going to the top of the mountain with one gear- the hardest one actually.

Number bikes stolen: Two

Number of bike accidents: Not since high-school when I stupidly hit the curb and went over my handlebars.

When not cycling: I’m a media artist. I do hair and makeup for fashion and commercial photo work. I’m an avid photographer and documentarian of my life.

Thoughts on biking and fashion: If you’re getting way too many looks in a day there might be a possibility that you’re showing more than you might have thought you were when you left the house.

Favourite Ride: This is a particularly fabulous one because of the smells and the people watching and the sense of accomplishment when you get to the top and feeling like a 12-year-old on your way down. But I love all the errand running that I do on my bike; all the different alleyways and shortcuts and the buzz of whizzing around Montreal and dodging traffic.

4 comments:

redrash said...

va-va-va-vooom.
hot stuff. she reminds me of andy macdowell

Anonymous said...

This girl is gorgeous!
It looks like she just showed up for a photo shoot. Definitely stylin!

bikebyshootings said...

oui oui, this is a great shot.

Anonymous said...

There is something very retro about this shot!
I love your blog by the way.