Friday, July 25, 2008

christine


Cyclist: Christine Rogers

Hometown: Toronto, ON

Location spotted : Walking bike east on Laurier

Destination and distance: Home, .65K

Cycling months: Whenever I’m brave enough to whenever I’m scared enough.

Current ride: It’s a crap city hybrid bike and I basically ride it until it’s unstealable.

Number bikes stolen: I have almost had a bike stolen- I caught the thief. The squeegee kid was walking down the street with my bike and I ran up to him and said, “Hey, you’re stealing my bike!” and he gave it back to me. I said, “You shouldn’t be stealing people’s bikes.” And he said, “At least I gave it back to you.

Number bike accidents: 1 1/2. Once I was riding in the rain and I got my wheel stuck in a tram track and I keeled right over onto the asphalt. The 2nd was that I almost got killed by a car door last year. A taxi passenger was opening his door to get out and it hit my thigh. If he had opened it a millisecond earlier, I would have run straight into it and would have broken something for sure.
When not cycling: I wish I was cycling.

Dream bike: Something I could ride long distances with, but lock outside my apartment and not worry about it getting stolen- and it would be self-cleaning.

No comments: