Sunday, August 24, 2008

yann & rose

Cyclist: Yann Papin (pictured left)

Hometown: Touffreville-la-Corbeline, France

Location spotted: Heading west on Villeneuve with Rose

Destination and distance: Terrasse Lafayette, 3K.

Cycling months: All year

First bike: I think it was red with big white tires.

Current ride: A burgundy bike

Number bikes stolen: Five

Number accidents: I’ve had a small accident, but it was totally my fault.

When not cycling: Traveling, working, rock climbing, thinking, washing myself….

Thoughts on biking and fashion: I don’t care about fashion. I wear whatever I want, but I don’t wear white because that can be a problem.

Dream bike: A bike that works really well. It brakes well and you can do a lot of kilometres on it.

Why do you bike: I don’t want to use my car to go to work or go grocery shopping. I’d rather use my bike because it’s better for the environment.

Bike tip: Use a gel seat cover (Rose interjects: “He goes nowhere without it!).

How to improve cycling conditions: We should reduce car traffic downtown and we should have bike-only streets.

No comments: