Saturday, November 22, 2008

akiko

Cyclist: Akiko

Hometown: China, Concord, ON

Location spotted : On the Villeneuve bike path trying to fix a broken handlebar.

Destination and distance: Going for an early morning random spin, ?K.

Cycling months: As long as it’s not icy.

Current ride: It’s a red plastic TNT Mount Bike. It was actually the decoration on my birthday cake for my 30th birthday. I guess it’s six years old now, and it’s starting to fall apart. Just now, half of my handle bar snapped off and I tried to repair it with electrical tape, but was not very successful. Also, the chain, which was a black elastic, fell off recently. But it’s surprisingly still rideable.

First bike: I think it was cotton candy pink with white stripes.

Number bikes stolen: None.

Number of bike accidents: I’ve had a lot of close calls, but nothing requiring an ambulance. But it’s sometimes a challenge to bike with no hands.

When not cycling: I like feasting at midnight, vermicomposting and pillow fights.

Thoughts on biking and fashion: I love kimonos, but it makes pedaling a little dicey.

Biking pet peeve: When drivers don’t see you.

No comments: