Thursday, September 4, 2008

andrea



Cyclist: Andrea Diodati

Hometown: Toronto, ON

Location spotted: Heading south on the Clark bike path

Destination and distance: Going home from the Jean-Talon market, 4K

Cycling months: As soon as the snow clears up, otherwise I’m too scared.

First bike: It was a beautiful sunburst orange Raleigh cruiser.

Current ride: It’s from the 70’s. It came with its own license plate, which is really amazing. I named it Stanley after my grandfather who had a bike store.

Number bikes: One

Number bikes stolen: None

Number bike accidents: None

When not cycling: Sewing. I’m in fashion design.

Thoughts on biking and fashion: Vintage outfits on vintage bikes are just so adorable, but everything looks good on a bike really. I love wearing full skirts on bikes and watching them blow in the wind.

Number years biking: Two years using it as a serious mode of transport.

Discovery through biking: I found it opened up all of Montreal to me. I’ve been here two years.
Why do you bike: I find biking really romantic. One of my favourite things is bike riding with a friend down Montreal streets and talking side by side.

Biking pet peeve: Cars. I get really angry. I swear a lot.

Bike Tip: Be really alert. Don’t wear headphones and don’t talk on a cell phone.

No comments: